Sunday, March 9, 2014

Missing Home

Okay, so I said I wouldn't do this but I need to.
I feel like this is the only way I can feel better.
The homesickness has hit me guys.
Hit me hard too.
You want to know what triggered it?
Beautiful weather in London.
How crazy is that?
I should be out enjoying it but I can't because I procrastinated on homework.
Yeah yeah save the lecture.
I had to binge watch Chicago Fire.
I don't regret it.

Seriously though, I am really missing home this weekend.
I just keep thinking that if I was home with this weather about all the things I would be doing.
I would go fishing with my dad.
I would meet my family for lunch at the lake.
I would go visit my Nike fam.
I would sit outside with homemade lemonade, my nook, and the sunshine.
I would go down to the creek with my nieces and play with them.
I would go on a Sonic run with Jess and Caroline blasting our music and acting like the idiots we are.
I would be doing something with someone I love.

I am just really missing home and the things I do when there.
I am craving hearing birds tweeting and Jack barking rather than buses, cars, and sirens.
I know I have no right to complain and trust me I do not in any way regret coming to London.
I never will.
I just needed to share this.
It doesn't help that my flatmates are in Amsterdam this weekend...
That probably isn't helping at all actually.
I'm glad they're having fun though!

I think I need a visit to an animal shelter or farm for a day.
I feel like that is going to be my next Google search.
I just want everyone at home to know that I love and miss them all very much.
I am so thankful for everyone who makes weekly and even daily efforts (Jess) to talk to me and check on me.
You guys are the reason why I know I am so lucky to be here.
It may sound weird, but I am eternally happy that I have people and things that make me so homesick.
I think that says tremendous things about my town and my family.
Now that I got this little homesick session over I'm going to take a deep breath and remember how awesome my life is.
That and the fact that I'm seeing Les Miserables on Broadway this week.
Nobody can be upset about that.
So after you read just take a minute to think about how awesome it is to have a great family and friends around you.
I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment